Faculty & Staff Honored
Thirteen faculty and staff members received special recognition at the annual end-of-school luncheon hosted by the Parents’ Association on May 30 in the Great Hall.
Eugene McDermott Headmaster David W. Dini recognized the following:
Ackerman Character Education Award was established by the Edward and Wilhelmina Ackerman Family to recognize a teacher whose work is focused on the total development of his or her students, with particular emphasis on character and morality.
- Trent Calder, swimming and water polo coach
The John H. Murrell Excellence in Teaching Award was established as a means of recognizing and rewarding teachers for outstanding classroom teaching. It is also a method for providing incentives to mid-career teachers to remain in the teaching profession. The program is intended to be a tangible expression of gratitude to members of the St. Mark’s faculty for their outstanding work.
- Matt Dillon, Lower School science specialist
- David Evans, Spanish instructor
- Liz Kraft, Middle School mathematics instructor
The Superior Staff Award is given to members of the non-teaching staff, nominated by their colleagues, for their outstanding support of the parents, faculty, staff and students of St. Mark’s.
- Kevin Boone, technology specialist
- Don Denman, grounds supervisor
A Special Award was also presented to the following staff member for her tireless work in providing extraordinary catering services for a wide variety of campus events and activities:
- Lola Miller, catering director
The Ralph B. Rogers Alumni Award is given annually to a teacher or staff member of St. Mark’s School of Texas who has made an important and pioneering contribution to the mission of the school and the school community.
- Scott Hunt, holder of the Arnold E. Holtberg Master Teaching Chair, director of student travel and photography instructor.
- Sherri Darver, Lower School head
- Dan Northcut, director of Environmental Studies
Dini also recognized retiring and faculty and staff members:
- Sherri Darver
- Ellen Jurgens
- Emma Noble
- Paul Hoehn
More than 15 members of the Parents’ Association, led by outgoing President Julie Clark, hosted the final Faculty/Staff luncheon.